Monday, June 6, 2016

Being thankful and stress free?

I know it's been an eternity since I last posted on here....like 4 years to be exact.  But, with all of the social media outlets, blogging just doesn't seem as convenient.  However, I decided to do a little project on here to get my thoughts out.  So, a week ago I attended a "webinar" at work on stress and how to get rid of it.  I am the queen of stress and definitely welcome any suggestions on how to de-stress my life.  I took all sorts of notes, but please don't ask me where I put them because lack of organization is another thing that I struggle with.  However, there was one suggestion that was given that I didn't forget, which was to write down 3 things that you are thankful for everyday for at least a month (Yeah, I've tried that Facebook game in November where everyone writes something down a day and I totally stink at it). 

There is totally some irony in this little project that I am doing.  I decided that I was going to start this blog back on June 1st.  And this just happened to be the day that we were told that my Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer.  I attempted to write my thoughts down on paper, but nope, just couldn't find those things I was thankful for.  I've tried multiple times since and just can't seem to find the right words to express.  I've not really wanted to talk much about it because it hurts.  I know that my Mom is scared and that hurts me.  I know that my Mom will be sicker than she has ever been and that hurts me.  I am used to my Mom feeling the need to always help me, and now I have the need to want to help her.  It doesn't really seem real. It all makes my heart ache.  But, there is hope and a happy ending!  We have a God that will give her strength when she doesn't think she can go any further; a God that will comfort her when she believes that all hope is gone.  He is a God that will lay his healing hands on her and make her whole again.  I have seen this all first hand and know that our God is almighty and faithful. 

So, after many tears have been shed, I have found the words that I have wanted to write for days now. I do know 3 things that I am thankful for today...actually, I know quite more than just the three, but that's not how it is supposed to go!  So, here's to the beginning of being "stress free"!

1.  I am thankful for a Mommy who has always loved me unconditionally.  We may not have always seen eye to eye, but that never stopped her from loving me.  I'm the middle child, so I guess that gave me excuses not to always make the best decisions for myself, but my Mom never gave up on me.  She would absolutely give me the shirt off of her back (and actually, I think she literally has before). 

2. I am thankful for a Daddy who has always given everything of himself to make sure that his family never wanted for anything. He is loving and unselfish and I pray that my boys will grow up to be just like him.  My Daddy can be serious when he needs to be, but I love his quirky sense of humor and I love that I have that same trait! 

3.  I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who has mended my broken pieces time after time after time,  His love has never failed me and He has never left me.  His love is Omnipotent.  He loves me when I am unlovable.  He gave the ultimate sacrifice for me!  What more can I ask for??

So, my friends, I am asking that you keep my Mom and our family in your prayers.  Pray for peace that surpasses all understanding for my Mom. 

Much love!
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment