Thursday, February 10, 2011

Where am I???

I had plans to update this blog more often than just once a week, but apparently, I have more going on than I need to have.  I think yesterdays incident of going to work and not discovering that I forgot to wash the conditioner out of my hair until my work day was over, just proves this point. 

Reasons I have temporary memory loss on occasion (more often than not here lately)?  Besides the fact that I have had one child with the flu, two with the stomach virus, one wrestling, working a full time job, trying to pay bills, keep a house somewhat presentable and everything in between.  But, in the midst of all of this, I have discovered that I need a GPS, not only for my car, but for my children! 

This past Tuesday, I left work on a mission to Hueytown High School to watch my oldest child wrestle his last match before "sectionals".  I googled the directions because it had been a long time since I have been on the west side of town.  I left work, armed with my directions, made it to Hueytown, stopped by the ATM because it always cost at least one of your arms to be able to see your child do what he loves to do, and found the school with no incidence.  As I arrived, I noticed that I didn't recognize any of the cars in the parking lot, but then again, I was 30 minutes early.  I find the door, pay my money, and walk into the gym only to find no one from Hayden, including the wrestlers.  Oh.My.Word.  They weren't there and no one can tell me where to find them.  I can't call my son, because he decided to take pictures of his friend in class, and now the principal is the temporary owner of a Samsung cellphone.  I try to call a few of the parents that I know, to no avail.  Finally, found someone, and is told that this match has been canceled for a couple of weeks, and that our school is visiting Dora to wrestle.  WHAT???  I am in Hueytown, and they are in Dora.  Ok, ya'll may not know this, but my son only weighs 119 pounds, and normally they wrestle in order of weight classes.  So, that means that he'll be the third one to wrestle that evening.  Ok, so now the dilema of do I go home and prop my feet up, get a cold drink and hope he enjoys the bus ride home or do I drive like a mad woman to Dora and just see if I can out run the cops if they decide to slow me down?  I did decide to drive to Dora, to which after I had  been on the road for an hour, needed to go to the bathroom.  I made it, ran to the bathroom, walked in the gym (had to pay to get in there too), sat down, only to be told by the parents that I just missed Matthew wrestling.  You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding.  That is the story of my life.  Seriously.

So, see, if I had a GPS in my children, I could have just dialed him in and wouldn't have driven all over God's green creation to find out where they had chosen to go that night.   Laughed at the idea earlier?  Makes sense now, right? 

I like my sister's email that she sent me today....."My cup runneth over, and I have a lot on my plate (and have an appetizer and dessert too)".  That about sums it up, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment